Fast Quote, Fast Turn-Up (same day, next day)
[March 10, 2016]
How fast can Hurricane Electric turn up new service?
Today (March 10, 2016):
- At 10:03, an agent requested an IP Transit quote, for an existing customer at our Fremont 2 datacenter.
- At 10:21, we emailed the quote.
- At 10:56, the agent emailed the signed order.
- At 11:28, we discussed the media/connection type with the customer.
- At 12:14, our provisioning team emailed questions to the customer.
- At 12:41, our team completed the cross-connect.
- At 12:41, customer answered our provisioning questions.
- At 3:56pm, we notified customer that the port (with BGP) was configured, enabled, and ready for service.
(Since the customer didn't need the service until tomorrow, I didn't ask for rush service.)
- No, this is not typical, but same-day and next-day turn-ups are common here.
- Your mileage may vary. Professional driver on closed course.